Citizens for a Safer Community!
To inspire, nurture, and support a grassroots movement of citizens who will ﬁght to restore and preserve a safer environment within our communities.
SAFE McHenry County believes that all citizens have a right to public safety and deserve to live in a Secure Active Family Environment (S.A.F.E.), and that right should not be encroached upon. Our elected officials are obligated to defend the Constitution and the citizen’s rights for their pursuit of happiness that can only be preserved when the Rule of Law is respected and enforced.
SAFE members are a group of people who have banded together over the issue of public safety. We work to educate fellow citizens on public policy and how their elected officials act in funding and supporting law enforcement’s sworn duty to protect and service their communities. Then we work to hold these elected officials accountable, and when necessary, replace them with persons who will work to make our communities safer for all citizens.
November 8, 2022 Election Information
S.A.F.E. McHenry Endorsed Candidates
Our County Board Endorsements for the November 8th Election
- County Board District 1: Tom Wilbeck and Matthew Kunkle
- County Board District 2: Jeffrey Thorsen and John Reinert
- County Board District 3: Robert “Bob” Nowak and Eric Hendricks
- County Board District 4: Joseph “Joe” Gottemoller and Mike “Shorty” Shorten
- County Board District 5: Terri Greeno
- County Board District 6: Pamela Althoff and Carl Kamienski
- County Board District 7: Jeffrey E. Schwartz
- County Board District 8: Tracie Von Bergen and Larry W. Smith
- County Board District 9: James A. Kearns
SAFE-T Act (SB 3653)
Take Action Now
Help make a change in your community! Become a member and receive legislative updates and call to action notices.
McHenry County | Illinois
McHenry County is located in the state of Illinois and has a population size that ranks sixth-largest across all counties. The county seat is Woodstock where you can find many amenities for residents such as grocery stores or restaurants with delivery services. This area used to be primarily agricultural but now it’s more suburban than rural due to its rapid rate at which exurbs expanded outwards from 2003 – to 2013 while urban areas have been increasing even faster over recent years.
Education, advocacy and engagement in the electoral process on issues focused on public safety issues is our primary function.